CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

No rest for the weary

One of my sweet baby boys has been exceptionally cranky the last 3 days. I am all he wants. No one else will do. Add to that he has had diarrhea for 8 days straight. I'm just worn out.

Tonight after we got the little ones in bed, I went to my own bed and crashed. Lights out. Just laying in the dark. I wasn't going to sleep but I probably looked sort of like this picture I found online.... I was thinking what I could do different so as not to be spread so thin. I feel like there just isn't enough of me to go around for all 5 members in my house that need me. As well as all the daily "stuff" that has to be done. Picking up, dirty dishes, never-ending laundry. I was also praying. Asking God for help. I need it.

Right smack dab in the middle of those thoughts, Eli came running naked into my room, turned on the light, took one look at me and said, "Mom, why are you laying down?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Laugh because he was amazed that I would even consider laying down. Cry because I had been found and my few minutes of quiet solitude was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment