CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 2, 2009

"Lose Your 1st Tooth Month"

Eli lost his first tooth in November of his Kindergarten year. Emma Kate is in 1st grade and has been waiting patiently (and sometimes not patiently) to lose a tooth. It finally happened yesterday on November 1st! So I told them that November must be "Lose Your 1st Tooth Month" in our house. (Philip tried to tell them that he lost his 1st tooth in November too. They didn't believe him!)


We had noticed it being wiggly for a couple of weeks. Yesterday morning she came to me while I was in the shower (there is not a single area in the house where I can be alone), and asked me to feel it. It was pretty wiggly. I told her to keep wiggling it the rest of the day and I would check on it before bed. (In case you don't know, I get a secret little thrill out of pulling my children's teeth. Heck, for that matter, I just like pulling teeth. Doesn't even have to be my own kids. I pulled my friend Lori's daughters 1st tooth last week while we were in the car!)

Anyway, back to Emma Kate....yesterday afternoon we were playing outside. She said she was cold and wanted to go inside to change. When she came back outside she said, "Mom I just pulled my tooth." I couldn't believe it. No tears. No drama. Just very matter of fact as if this happens all the time. This is definitely different than it was with Eli's teeth.


She put it under her pillow last night. This morning she was so excited to show me a $2 bill.
The tooth fairy usually leaves Eli $2 for his teeth as well, so she wasn't surprised about that. However, she was surprised to see purple sparkly glitter all over the money....

Emma Kate thought that was so neat! She liked it so much that she got out her glitter stuff and tried to make it even more sparkly!

1 comment:

  1. Awww... you're a good tooth fairy! My sister would always leave glitter by the tooth fairy money and said it was "fairy dust."

    ReplyDelete