CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

4:48am

Three weeks ago, I posted about how sick Zander was. He was sick the 1st week, Zane had it fully the 2nd week and then the 3rd week Zander's cough was still lingering and just wouldn't go away. I took him to the Dr. 10 days ago and found out he had an ear infection in one ear. Since he's never really been sick before, and therefore never been on antibiotics, the Dr. we saw at sick care prescribed Amoxicillin for his ear. He said though, that his cough was from an upper respiratory infection and the antibiotic wouldn't help it, and that we could expect a cough for a maximum of 10 more days. I don't know if it just so happened that his cough was almost done or if by some chance the medicine did help, but his cough cleared up within 3 days of starting the medicine.

Now, on to the point of this blog post......2 days ago, Philip and I both noticed that his cough is starting to come back. Like before, it is mainly when he's laying down for nap or at nighttime.

This morning around 3:30, through the monitor, I hear him coughing. I decide to ignore it rather than being a good mother and getting out of bed to give him medicine. About an hour later, at 4:48am, he starts coughing again. Mother guilt gets the best of me, and I get out of bed. I fumbled in the dark trying to find the cough medicine. I'm purposely keeping all the lights turned off so that maybe I won't wake myself up too much and can crawl back into bed for another hour of sleep (even though my alarm was set to go off at 5:00am, I am thinking I'll ignore it). I climb to the top of the stairs and there are lights on in Eli's room. WHAT THE HECK? I can still hear Zander coughing, so I go to their room first. When I open the door, Zane sits straight up and says "bah-bahs" which is "passy." I give Zander his medicine and help Zane find his passy. Get them both laid back down and go across the hall to deal with the light in Eli's room. I open his door and he's in bed reading a chapter book. I quickly turn off his light ('cause I'm still hoping for more sleep for myself) and ask him what he's doing. His answer: "reading." REALLY? Me: "Why? It's too early. You should be sleeping." Eli: "I'm not tired." Me:"Try to go back to sleep and don't turn this light on till after 6:00am."

I go back downstairs, crawl into bed, and of course, I can't get back to sleep. I am laying there thinking how crazy is it that 3 of our 4 children were awake at 4:48am? And I'm wishing they hadn't been because my day has now officially started.

No comments:

Post a Comment