CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Early Bird Boys

Two of my kiddos are early risers. The firstborn and the last born. Eli and Zander.

A few years ago I made a rule for Eli that he couldn't come out of his room until 6:30am. If he wakes up before that, he can get out of bed and read or play quietly in his room. He just has to be in his room. That may sound harsh, but if there were not such a rule...he would be in the living room with a bright smile ready to start the day around 5:30am.

Take this morning for example. I got up at 5:00am for my quiet time. Philip left for work around 5:30 and I continued with my time in the living room. At 5:45, Eli comes bounding down the stairs. I told him what time it was and he gave me a confused look. He had misread his clock and thought it was 6:45. So back up to his room he went.

I finished my quiet time around 6:00 and headed to the shower. The baby monitor is in our bedroom and while I'm in the shower I hear a very loud noise through the monitor. (you know it's gotta be loud if I can hear it while I'm in the shower).

I quickly turn the shower off, wrap up in a towel and can hear that it is Zander. He isn't crying but kind of moaning. I go upstairs to their room and he tells me "vee veet bah-bahs." Let me just clarify in case you don't know Zane & Zander lingo. "Vee veet" is fix it. "Bah-bahs" is pacifier or passy. So he wants me to fix his passy.

He hands it to me and it looks like this....
I know right about now you're probably thinking that's funny. But, I do not. That is at least the 3rd pacifier he's done that to since December. The real kicker is that Target and Wal-Mart do not carry those pacifiers anymore. I can only find them at Babies R Us or online at Amazon. The closest Babies R Us is 1hr45mins away in Tulsa. Errrrrrr.
Thankfully my day settled down and was a bit more normal after 6:15am.

1 comment:

  1. I have an early riser, too. Ugh. By your example, I see a "rule" in Easton's future...
    And also, Holy Pacifier Destroyer, Batman! That's quite something.
    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete