CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

$1.98 bag of quiet

"Would the baby on aisle 2 please stop screaming crying?"

I'm pretty sure that's what the Walmart employees wanted to shout over the PA this morning when I was there with Zane and Zander. We went in for a few things (less than 20). Zander was fine the first 2 minutes we were there. He and Zane were both buckled into the kiddy shopping carts. (the kind that will actually accomodate twins!) The boys call these carts "ride."


We started off in the produce section and that's where the fun began. Zander got a little unhappy that he couldn't eat the strawberries I put in the cart. Then he got a little more unhappy that he couldn't eat the apples I put in the cart. Then he started crying when he couldn't eat the bananas I put in the cart. On and on the fun went. The real screaming crying came though, when I put "row-rows" in the cart. (row-rows = Frosted Cheerios). He was MAD and he got LOUD!!!


I continued on with the last few items on my list. Thought I was all done and then realized ranch dressing wasn't marked off my list. As I quickly pushed the cart back to the front of the store to aisle 2, I contemplated for one split second about getting Zander out of the cart. But this would cause several problems:
  • remember I have the big semi-truck long kiddy cart? So, I'd be holding a near 30lb. toddler on my hip while still pushing this massive cart
  • Zane who is perfectly content in the cart would probably start with his famous saying "Momma, hold you." (which means he wants me to hold him)
  • This might lead Zander to believe that anytime he cries in the "ride" I will get him out.

So I decide to leave the screaming crying kid in the cart. As I zip at lightning speed down aisle 2, I am frantically looking for something I can yank off the shelf and stuff into his mouth. Asian Food? No. Ketchup? No. Mustard? No. Mayo? No. Oh, there's the ranch dressing. Throw it in the cart. Check. And what do I spot at the end of the aisle? Raisins and Craisins.......ya-hoooooooo! I know he likes Craisins because he ate cousin Jordan's when she came for a visit 2 days ago. I go cheap and get the smallest cheapest bag.....

and there is....................SILENCE.

All of Walmart can now shop in peace. Zander is being fed and he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment