CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Let it Snow - Day 1

Yesterday morning we woke up to this.... Isn't it absolutely beautiful?!? It is by far the best snow we've had since living here. Last year was the infamous Ice Storm which wasn't really a lot of fun to play in.


As I was taking the above picture of our house, I looked over at our driveway and saw this classy yet trashy opportunity for a picture...


Oops...guess we should've taken those containers in the day before!
Eli and Emma Kate played in the snow about 3 times yesterday. The first time they went out by themselves so I didn't get any pictures. But during the little boys naptime, I went out with them....

Emma Kate throwing a pile of snow above her head and letting it fall down....




The pictures above and below are a mischievious 9yr old boy working on a snow ball.


and then throwing it at his momma....

It wouldn't be a good snow outing unless they made Snow Angels....






Eli kept wanting to have a snowball fight with me and Emma Kate. We finally gave in and told him we'd do it if she and I could be on the same team.
She had a hard time making the snow stick together to form a ball. She finally just plopped herself down to try to "rake" the snow together with her hands...



Eli had a cute idea of using their boogie boards (from our beach trip) as "shields."




He had really good aim (as well as good snow balls). Emma Kate didn't do so well. I wish I had gotten the following captured on video but I just never seem to have the right camera in hand.
She got out from behind her shield and walked over to his hide-out. Sort of a loddy-doddy-dah kinda walk...


and right as she got to him, she PELTED him with her snowball!


After Zane and Zander got up from their nap, we went out again, but decided to take them with us this time. Let me be the first to tell you (in case you didn't know), that getting 2 toddlers ready to play in 15-20degree weather is A LOT of work!
2 undershirts

  • 2 pair of knit pants
  • 2 thermal shirts
  • 2 pair of jeans
  • 2 pair of socks
  • 2 pair of sock-mocks
  • 4 mittens
  • 2 hats
  • 2 parka-like coats


I was sweating by the time we finally got them outside, but just look at the cute results! (they look thrilled, don't they?)


While we had them out we did a sibling photo shoot....


and a family photo shoot....
I have no plans for that to be our Christmas card photo for 2010. I wish I had the kind of face that looks good in a hat...but I don't. Which is a really bum deal because I'd love to be able to just put a hat on and go somedays.


No comments:

Post a Comment