CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Me Me, Mimi, or Memie

Zane and Zander are doing really well talking these days. Their vocabulary is growing rapidly as well as their ability to put 2 words and sometimes 3 together in the correct order.

As is normal with toddlers though, there are some words that they have their own little way of saying. A couple of those words sound exactly the same and I have to put them into context to see which word they are actually trying to say.

For example these three words: me me, Mimi, and memie.

First word is Mimi. This is what the grandkids call Philip's mom. So, I know if we are visiting her or vice versa then they are most likely saying "Mimi" to refer to her.

Second word is memie. Pronounced same as above word, but this is what they call their blankie. If they are in their bedroom, they say "memie, memie." Which either means, "I want my blankie or I'm done with my blankie."

Third word is me me. I have no idea how this one came about. I think Zander started it first, but whenever they want to sit somewhere (like the couch, a chair, etc..) they pat said seat and say "me me, me me." Sort of like "put me up there."

Lately they want to "me me" at the dining room table while Eli and Emma Kate are there. They like to "share" Eli and Emma Kate's breakfast with them....

Zander seems to be staring into Eli's bowl as if to say "I want some of that."


Looks like he must've gotten a bite....


Then, later the same day, Eli and Emma Kate were back at the table doing their homeschool work. Zane and Zander each got a book and came back to the chairs saying "me me, me me."

Do you notice in the pictures above and below that Emma Kate isn't really doing any work? It seems that she is studying her pencil intently. Maybe trying to get the work done through osmosis?


Emma Kate finally gets to work and Zane and Zander continue to "read."

1 comment: