CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Let it Snow - Day 2

Day 2 of the snow-fest included more playing but this time with a "disc." We do not own a sled (but we will once the stores get stocked up again), but our neighbors have a disc that is meant to be used for sledding. Eli wanted to get on it all day, but I wouldn't let him go by himself because they would be sledding down a driveway and I thought an adult needed to be out there with them. So finally after the boys naptime, I geared everybody up to go "disc-ing."

Philip wasn't home from work yet so I put the bundled boys in the wagon to make it easier on me. Here they are watching the kids slide down the driveway....

The house we currently live in is the first house, since 1999, that doesn't have a driveway on a hill. And of course, it would've been so much fun for the kids if we did have that kind of driveway. But at least our neighbors driveway has a little bit of a slant. Here's Eli going down on the disc....


The boys considered it a good ride if they made it all the way out into the street....

At one point I turned around to check on the boys in the wagon and Zane had started toppling over like a weeble-wobble. He was so bundled that he couldn't sit hisself back up straight. And being the gentle calm child he is, he never made a peep to let me know he was uncomfortable.

Emma Kate did a great job of hanging with the boys when it was her turn to slide...



She's so lightweight that a couple of times she toppled right over when she got to the bottom of the driveway. I happened to catch it on camera....

And being the funny bunny that she is, she'd just go ahead and sprawl out once she toppled over....


We were outside a pretty long time. I finally told the older kids that I really had to take the little boys in 'cause I knew they had to be cold. Sure enough when we got inside, these puffy cheeks were RED....



I have thoroughly enjoyed being cooped up with the kiddos this week. When we're not playing in the snow, we mainly just hang out in our pj's playing or talking on the phone....



I love how both sets of kids are sitting together in the pictures above and below. Such a good feeling that they want to be together and aren't arguing!

1 comment:

  1. too bad that they don't have uncle brian's sled!
    the one that charlie, edward and philip made fun of when i gave it to him for christmas. maybe we'll be able to use it down here.
    mom/mimi

    ReplyDelete