CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Vicksburg

Surprise! I didn't expect to be blogging again today, but decided I had to because I snapped some cute pics today and our hotel has free wireless in the room.

We left this morning at 9:00 am for our trip to Orange Beach. We are breaking the drive up over 2 days. Today's destination was Vicksburg,MS.

My sister has been laughing this week everytime she thinks about all 6 of us and our belongings loaded up in the car! I told her I was striving to get all of us packed into 1 suitcase. If you know anything at all about my packing habits, you will know that this seems completely impossible. I am one of those that has to weigh my suitcase at home before going to the airport to make sure it doesn't exceed the 50lb. weight limit. My big red bag (see pic below) usually averages 46lbs. everytime I fly somewhere and that is often only my stuff. Don't all girls need 9 or 10 pair of shoes per trip? :)
Well, I am SO proud to say that I did get all of Team Jackson loaded into the big red bag! I took a picture of the car right before we left just to prove it. The only other bag is a duffle bag which just had our things for the overnight hotel stay in Vicksburg.
In order to make this happen, I had to sacrifice and only bring 5 pair of shoes!
I usually always plan car trips so that we leave in the morning at naptime. Here are the 2 little nappers about 45 minutes into the trip....


Our ONLY stop of the day (yes, we drove 7 hours with 1 stop!), was for lunch at Burger King. Here's curli-locks (aka Emma Kate) showing off her Burger King crown and pink sunglasses that she got with her meal.

We made it to Vicksburg around 4:30. Hung out in the hotel room for a bit, then went down to the Yazoo River area for dinner. After dinner we took the kids to a splash park. It was a great way for Eli and Emma Kate to let loose after being in the car all day.


The four of us watching the kids play....
After a bit of watching their older brother and sister play, Zane and Zander wanted in on some of the action. Zane being the observer that he is, only wanted to stick his hand in.

And Zander being the adventuresome one that he is, wanted in all the way. So, I got all trashy and let him be the naked diaper baby.

As sad as it may be, this might be the last blog until we start back home from the beach. I don't think our condo has internet. What will I do all week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment