CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dolphin Cruise

Philip took Eli & Emma Kate on a dolphin cruise while we were at Orange Beach. We contemplated taking the babies also, but the boat ride was 1 1/2 hours long. We thought Zane would be fine but thought Zander would be trying to get IN the water....so I stayed with them.


All the children on the boat were required to wear life jackets (probably a very good idea!).








Philip did a great job of getting camera pics as well as video!




















If you want to hear the video, remember to scroll to the very bottom of this page and click the play/pause button on the music playlist.


Philip said the boat was only going about 16mph but doesn't it look faster than that? Those dolphins look like they are speeding through that water.


So I don't want to spoil this fun post, but feel I need to go ahead and tell you what the boys and I did during the dolphin cruise. A certain family member, who will remain unnamed, asked me if I would be going to the outlet stores while we were at the beach. I said that I didn't plan on it since I just went while we were in Branson, as well as it would be difficult on Philip to have all 4 kids at the beach or condo by himself. This unnamed person said that if I should happen to go would I please go to the Polo store and buy some shirts for her offspring?
I decided to be adventurous while the other 3 were on the dolphin cruise and take 2 babies to the outlet malls. Can I just tell you that doing so was DUMB DUMB AND DUMBER of me! Seriously. Because of all the stuff we had packed in the car (see picture in the Vicksburg post), we only had room to pack a single stroller. This means that I had to put one baby in the single stroller while I wore a Bjorn front carrier with a 23lb. baby attached to me. Are you mentally picturing this?
I won't give you a play-by-play but suffice it to say that by the time we got to the checkout of the Polo store both babies were SCREAMING (in their defense, it was lunchtime), I was sweating and most of my fellow Polo patrons were either staring at us or whispering to their shopping buddy about that poor woman with the crying babies.
So to the sweet unnamed family member who will be reading this post and is probably laughing right now, NO MORE. I love you but I am not doing that to myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment