CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School '09

Today was the first day of school for Eli and Emma Kate. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our school but I wasn't ready for it to start. I know parents all across the country were so ready for school to start back so they could be kid-free. But, I don't feel that way. Yes, it is nice to have a break, but I truly love them being at home.....well, most days. :) Maybe it's because even when my kids are in school, they are still with me most of the time. (In case you're not familiar with our school, we do University Model which means they go to school 2 days and do school at home 3 days). I LOVE that I am with my children more than I'm not with them. Proverbs 22:6 and Deuteronomy 6:4-7 are passages of scripture that remind me what an important job I have in training the Busy Blessings!

But since this entry isn't about me, let me get on to showing you pictures from the 1st day of school. I'll also be throwing in a couple from the first day of school last year for comparison purposes.


Eli, now a 3rd grader....

The picture below was as a 2nd grader in '08. Look at where his shoulders are compared to the door hinges on the picture above and below.....

Emma Kate, now a 1st grader.....
Picture below is last year as a Kindergartener. Look at where the top of her head is compared to the door hinges in the pictures above and below.....


Getting ready to get in the car and head to school....

Walking into school....


Eli at his table....


Emma Kate with her friend Lydia at their table. They sat beside each other last year too!


This water bottle seems to be Emma Kate's "pacifier" when she's not comfortable on her first day. This is today....
This is last year....


I think the first day is harder on me than it is on them. Here's why I think that:
When I got ready to leave Emma Kate's classroom this morning, I said "well I guess I'll leave now." She said "that's fine. I don't care." Then she said "wait. Did you give me a hug and kiss?" I did and her final words were "okay. I'm good now."
When Eli got home from school I told him that I had really missed him today. His response was, "I didn't even think about you one time. I was too busy doing school."
I guess its a good thing not to be needed and missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment