CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beach Memories

I have been planning on posting one last entry from our beach trip. Each day keeps flying by and at the end of the day as I fall into bed, I realize that I still haven't done it. We've now been home 11 days, so I think its time to do it!



I've given this post the title of "Beach Memories." These are just some random things I jotted down that I want to remember from our trip. Some are accompanied by pictures. Some are not.



**I want to remember.....going out on the beach at night with Eli and Emma Kate to look for crabs. They took their buckets and flashlights each night and chased little white ghost crabs all over the place. Eli took this picture while we were out hunting ghost crabs.....




**I want to remember.....Eli getting up EARLY (5:45'ish) in the mornings to stand on our balcony and watch for dolphins playing in the ocean.....




**No picture with this one, but I want to remember what Emma Kate told me and Philip one day when we were all playing in the water together. Philip and I had Zane and Zander out about chest deep in the water. Eli and Emma Kate were up closer to the shore with their boogie boards "riding" the waves. Emma Kate yelled out to me and Philip, "Mommy, Daddy, I haven't even got drowned on yet." Needless to say we were so very excited that she hadn't drowned! We laughed at her innocence and use of wording.
**Which reminded me of.....when we lived in Florida, I enjoyed buying our groceries at Publix. Since we now live in Walmart-ville, there are no Publix, but there was one at the beach. Seeing it reminded me of the way Emma Kate used to say Publix when we lived in Florida and she was 3 or 4. "Momma, we need go to Pug-licks?"




**I want to remember taking walks as a family in the mornings. As soon as Zane and Zander woke up at 7:00, we would load them into the stroller along with their milk and cheese toast. They sleep in footed pajamas at night, so we took those off before heading out for our walk. I thought they would burn up if they went outside in those pj's!



**It was on these early morning walks that Zane got to tell us all about his favorite beach animals....the birds. Everytime he saw one, he would point to it and say "kah." Not sure why he chose that word for birds. Here he is pointing to one in the sky....




**Also on those walks, Eli and Emma Kate took bread to feed the "kah" (aka birds). (you can click on the pictures to make them bigger)



**I want to remember how much fun we had at Lambert's. I mentioned it in one of the previous beach posts but didn't elaborate. We each enjoyed different things about the atmosphere & food. I decided that I may work there someday and be a sassy waitress like the one we had. Philip decided that he may work there someday and be the roll thrower. Zane loved boppin' his head to the loud Southern music playing. Zander loves to eat, and he especially loves bread products, so he was just in heaven! Not really sure what Emma Kate's favorite thing was. But, Eli, without a doubt, loved all the practical jokes that the waiters and waitresses played. Our waitress came to our table with a pitcher of soda, started to pour it in Philip's cup, and pretended to drop it in his lap. He jumped only to learn that it was fake soda. Another guy came around with what appeared to be a bottle of mustard. He squirted it in Eli's face only to have yellow silly string fly out. That is what Eli was laughing about in the picture below.....


**I want to remember how totally relaxing it was to lay on a raft in the pool. I do not like to "lay out" and work on a tan but I think I could've laid on the raft in the pool ALL DAY LONG!


**Of course it wouldn't be a beach trip without remembering the beautiful sunsets.....



**As I mentioned earlier, Eli woke up early early each morning. Most days Emma Kate would get up 20 or 30 minutes after he did. On our last morning there, we had to be out by 10:00. Zane and Zander woke up at their usual time of 7:00am but Eli and Emma Kate were still not awake. 7:30 went by, 7:45 went by and still not awake. Philip and I decided that they must be fake sleeping or purposefully staying in their room to try and keep us from going home. I peeked in their room and much to my surprise they were still sleeping.....



No comments:

Post a Comment