CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thick or Theet

You may hear Emma Kate say "thick or theet" this Halloween rather than the usual greeting!

Last Saturday she lost a tooth from the top front and looked like this...
As she got ready to put it under her pillow that night, Eli told her that the Tooth Fairy pays more than the standard $2 bill for top teeth.
Hmmm, that was good to know. (glad I was within ear shot of that conversation)
Lo and behold, Eli was right. The Tooth Fairy left two $2 bills for Emma Kate. She was very excited Sunday morning when she woke up!
Before I go on, I must do a little bragging on her. As we were getting ready for church that morning, she said that she wanted to take one of her $2 bills (that she'd JUST received from the Tooth Fairy) and put it in the offering at church. Do the math on that. $2 is half of what she'd received. Definitely far more than the 10% the Bible uses as an example for us to give. I was SO proud of her and yet realized how much my children can teach me.
Yesterday she pushed (with her tongue) the other top front tooth out, and now she looks like this....

So for now, she'll just say "thick or theet", but in another month she'll be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...."

No comments:

Post a Comment