CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Today is 10-10-10 and the blogging world is going crazy with all sorts of lists that have "10" in them. A quick google search came up with some of these: "10 Classic Books," "10 Uplifting Animal Movies," "10 Calendar Tips for Busy Families" etc...



So I've decided to do my own "10" list. And since my mind is always in overdrive, I came up with more than 10 so I have 2 lists.



Ten Random Thoughts on 10-10-10:


  1. The Gators are killin' me this year in football. Last nights game against LSU left me furious!! I woke up during the middle of the night thinking about it....ridiculous! I told Philip that if they lose this next week to Mississippi State, that I'm done with them for the season.

  2. Emma Kate told me a few days ago that "her tooth felt like it was going to get lost today." Love that girl and her funny sayings!

  3. Eli will be 10 years old in 6 days. So strange to think that he's been here and I've been a mom for a decade. Wow - that makes me sound old. However, it also saddens me because if he leaves our home after high school, we have less than 9 years left with him. I need to be more intentional about making each day count.

  4. While I'm being all sentimental, I walked into the little boys room during naptime and had to snap a pic of their sweet faces.... I also prayed for them while I was in their room. I can really feel the presence of the Holy Spirit when I go into my childrens rooms while they are sleeping and pray over them.

  5. Speaking of praying, Emma Kate has brought home 2 papers recently from church that need to be remembered. The first one was a card she made for my Dad after his surgery. I mailed the card to him, so I don't remember exactly what it said, but I do remember that it said, "I'm sorry about your gaw blatter." The next paper she brought home was a prayer & praise list. She had listed Grandpa, Grandmother & Granddaddy in the nursery (nursing home) as her prayer requests. And my dad again on the praise list. Then she wrote, "Dear God, I pray for my grandpa, granddaddy at the nursing home, my grandmother amen. Dear God, I have a praise for my grandpa who is feeling better from surgery amen."

  6. My husband has been cranking out some awesome projects lately! Can't show you a picture yet of the big one, but it is Zane & Zander's Halloween costumes. The other cool thing he did was help Eli make a diorama for his book share presentation at school. It is based from the book "Dark Day in the Deep Sea" which is a Magic Tree House book. Didn't they do a great job?

  7. A local magazine was doing an issue dedicated to multiples (twins & triplets) for October. I got to submit a column for it as well as have a photographer take pictures of Zane & Zander. It just came out last week and I think it turned out pretty good. If you haven't seen it, you can read it online here (which coincidentally is another "10" list)!

  8. My phone is really driving me crazy. It just freezes. When it does that, I can't make any calls, receive any calls, etc... I'm eligible for a new phone, but I can't decide if I'm sticking with Verizon or switching over to AT&T so I can get an iPhone. So for now, I'll just deal with it...which by the way my husband thinks is dumb!

  9. The weather right now is gorgeous! Cool in the mornings & evenings but so nice and sunshiney during the day. We do occasionally need long sleeves and jeans. I've realized this year more than ever before, that fall/winter clothes means that my pile of "darks" laundry can't go more than 2 days without needing to be done. Massive amount of clothes I'm talking about!

  10. Finally, listen to this song because it tells exactly how I'm feeling lately.



Now onto my 2nd "10" list for 10-10-10.


10 Things I Love to Hear Zane & Zander Say



  1. When they want to be held they say "I want to hold you."

  2. When they say the words really or silly, they say it with a "d" instead of an "l", so it sounds like "reedy" or "seedy". Everytime we see one of these things waving around... they say, "Oh look, a seedy (silly) guy."

  3. At night before they go upstairs for bed, they ask for a "bitah-men" (vitamin)

  4. They say their names with an "s" sound rather than a "z." So they are Sane and Sanner.

  5. Zane says "momo-cycle" instead of motorcycle. And Zander goes to the pantry doors and while banging on them says, "Open this, I want." I think that means "open this so I can see what I want."

  6. Today they were trying to get Eli's attention but he was nose deep in a book. So they both said "E-i, you not hearing me?"

  7. I found one of these scooters for them at a garage sale.... Zander calls it a "cootah."

  8. Every Wednesday night when Eli and EK go to AWANA, Zane cries to go to "yawna" with them.

  9. They call computers and pianos a "peen-o."

  10. One of their most favorite foods is fruit cocktail. They call it "fruit hot tail."

No comments:

Post a Comment