CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Chalkboard

My brother-in-law is skilled at finding junk and making it look good.


So I thought when I asked for a homemade Christmas present from he and my sister, I'd be giving him something enjoyable to do.


I think I was wrong.


I wanted a big ole chalkboard with an even bigger frame around it.


I envisioned him finding an old frame on the side of the road somewhere and then fixing it up.

As the story goes, he spent many hours and a couple of do-overs making my chalkboard.


I felt bad that it turned out to not be enjoyable for him.


But, I couldn't be any happier with the finished product.




Here it is just after I had "primed" it to get it ready for writing...



and then later, with a verse I heard at Bible Study....

Now, a week later, my same verse is still on there but lots of other writings and verses have now appeared. Looks to be the handwriting of a 10yr old and a 7yr old.
I love that we have a family message board now. I am frequently using it to write verses or thoughts from my Tuesday morning Ladies Bible Study.
Emma Kate used it earlier this week to let our household know that her mouth was hurting.

But another day (when Philip had left especially early for work), I woke up and found this written on it:
Such a thoughtful Daddy.
He wrote this becaus Eli was participating in the school Speech Meet later in the day.
Eli loved finding it when we woke up!
So dear John (that is my brother-in-laws name...not the beginning of a sappy love letter), I truly didn't mean for my Christmas present to be such a pain for you. But your work is much appreciated. I absolutely love it and its already a huge hit in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment