CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

3 years ago today

Three years ago today, I was a pregnant girl of about 20 weeks.
We knew we were having twins, but we didn't know the gender.
I've never been so sick in my life as I was from week 6-week 20.
It finally subsided during this week.
Because I'd been pregnant before, I knew how my body reacted to carrying both genders.
I wasn't sick with Eli, just couldn't eat certain foods.
I got sick a few times with EK, but for the most part just felt nauseous all the time.
So, based on my very scientific conclusions, I KNEW that these 2 babies were either: 2 girls or 1 of each.
I KNEW that my body got sick with a girl so there HAD to be at least one of those in my belly.
And seeing as how I had been so very very sick, I thought there were probably 2 girls in there.
Why else would I be so sick?
2 sets of girl hormones, I concluded.

So, 3 years ago today, I went in for my 20 week checkup and ultrasound.
Around 2:45pm, I saw my 2 babies.
And they were both boys.
I didn't believe it.
Baby A's boy parts were very evident.
The positioning of Baby B made it more difficult to see, but the ultrasound tech assured me she was seeing boy parts on that baby, too.
I told her to look again.
That just couldn't be right.
Guess what?
She was right.

I found these scanned images at my parents house during Christmas. So the quality isn't the best.
But here they are.
Top 2 pictures are Baby A who is my Zaney.
In case you're not a pro at reading u/s pictures, that is his legs & bottom facing up in the 2nd picture (which shows his male-ness).Down here is Baby B. My Zander Griffy.
3rd picture is his side profile.
And look closely in the 4th picture to see what the u/s tech saw to determine he was also a boy.
And you know the ending to this story.
I love that they are the same gender.
I love that they are both boys.
I'm so thankful I wasn't the one who orchestrated it.
I would've messed up.
HE did not.
And that brings tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment