CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st Day of Mother's Day Out

Zane and Zander started Mother's Day Out today! Part of me thought this day would NEVER come! 3 1/2 hours that I will be child-free! Guess I'm not supposed to be THAT excited about it...huh?


I've been talking to the boys about this for several weeks. The building is just down the street from our house, so everytime we pass it, we talk about how that is their "school." We picked out lunchboxes and backpacks. Rather than picking them out myself, I gave them a choice. Hoping they would take more ownership and help the transition away from mommy. They chose the same backpack (a train) but different lunchboxes. Zane's has a firetruck on it and Zander's has all different vehicles.




The day finally came. I had them pack their backpack with diapers.


And I showed them all the food I was putting into their lunchboxes....



I tried to do 1st day of school pictures with them like I did with Eli and Emma Kate. It was a bit challenging....






Because their "school" is so close to our house, we can drive our golf cart!

Getting ready to go inside....



all settled in. It went SO much easier than I thought it would!
Crossing my fingers that I don't get a phone call because one or both of them is crying for their mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment