CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Random Pictures from March & April

Here are some pictures taken in March and April with my purse-size camera (as opposed to the MAC Daddy camera Philip owns). None of these really warranted a post all by themself so I'm just clumping them all together.


Before school one morning....

Having a snack of row-rows (Cheerios) and watching their new fave show, Barney. (Yes, Perkins family...if any member of you are reading this you can laugh at me and say "PAYBACKS." I know I teased your wee one all the time about Barney, but for goodness sake, I was but a child myself.)


Sitting with Daddy on Mimi and Papa's bed Easter weekend....

Going to the Easter Egg Hunt in Texarkana. Zane was playing peek-a-boo with his "egg babbitt."




Here they are watching Barney again. Looks like Zane was super dee-duperty tired....






Having a quiet moment outside at Cold Stone Creamery....

One of their new favorite songs is "Freeze" by Greg and Steve. They put their hands on their head when the song says FREEZE!

Both boys in the FREEZE position....




Using our new-to-us kiddy pool...


The boys absolutely LOVED it! I don't think they knew it was supposed to have water in it....can you see on the left there is a teeny-tiny amount of water and no water on the right???


The big kids thought it looked like fun so they joined in...swimsuits and all!


Philip arranged a sitter for the kids one Friday night so he and I could go out alone! He said I got to choose where we went. Being tired of the same ole "go out to eat and go home" routine, I surprised him by going to a Razorbacks Baseball game. It was my first time to go to one. (And I'm sad to say I never even went to a single Gator baseball game when we lived there.)

Anywho...I even donned a Razorback shirt for this momentous occasion! We had a fun night together!


Last fall when the tree fell on our roof, it simultaneously shattered our patio set. I've been casually looking at patio sets since then, but now that we are outside playing almost everyday, I've REALLY been fixated on getting a new one. I loved this one from Sam's.... but didn't think I wanted to shell out that much money. I found one at Home Depot that I liked that was much cheaper. I showed them both to Philip and we both came to the following conclusions:
  1. we needed one with six seats
  2. the difference in the quality between the two was not even comparable
  3. we liked the one at Home Depot but really really liked the one at Sam's

So, I'm sure you can figure out which one we bought.

We decided we'd take both cars to go and pick it up. We didn't know how big the box would be, but our game plan was that we'd fold down the back row of my car in order to get the box in. Then Eli and Emma Kate could ride home in Philip's car.

Ummm....that plan was not so good. It took Philip multiple trips in my car with BOTH rows folded down to get the 3 (or maybe it was 4???) boxes home.

However, this is what we did for the first trip home (the one where we had all 4 kids with us).

We put the 2 car seats in Philip's backseat and then crammed Emma Kate in between them. She was oh so comfy...can't you tell? P.S. As always seems to be the problem at Sam's, I came home with another purchase in addition to the patio set. Pics to follow when it gets assembled!

No comments:

Post a Comment