CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

If These Walls Could Talk

If the walls in our new house could talk, they would tell you that they have been empty for far too long. We moved in to this house in June '08. I brought nearly all our pictures and wall hangings from our house in Florida, but when I started trying to put them in this house, they just didn't seem "to go." Not sure why. I even had 2 other females (one of whom seems to have a knack for decorating) confirm my thoughts.

Seeing as I had 2 newborns at that time, I didn't really have many opportunities to go out searching for new prints. Then, month-after-month passed and I just came to know our house-of-empty-walls as "home" and it didn't really bother me. (until someone came over. Then I'd have to explain or apologize or something as to why we had empty walls)

Now over a year later, I finally have a few walls that are no longer empty!! And I must say the wait was so worth it! So I am sharing my 2 favorite walls. Kind of an odd thing to be blogging about I know. But I just love how they turned out. Both totally different but both totally my life.


The first is a canvas painting that Emma Kate's Kindergarten teacher did. She has had no art instruction but is sooooo amazingly talented. Last November, I told her I wanted an ABC canvas but not cheesy or childish. I wanted each letter of the alphabet to be something that represented our family. It took me a loooong time to come up with something for all 26 letters. Finally this spring, Ashley (the artist), started trying to help me think of things. She helped me think "out of the box." As in the letter "K" for example, doesn't have to start with the letter K. She said she'd just accent that letter to make it stand out more than the others. Ashley also had me take pictures of our house and empty walls to give her an idea of color scheme, etc...
In May, the canvas was all finished. I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw it. Absolutely speechless. She went way beyond what I had imagined. Here it is hanging in our house....


And here's a close-up below. You can click on the picture if you want to see it even bigger.
See? I told you she is AMAZING!! Take a look at her Busy Brush Website and Busy Brush Blog. Not only is she so very talented, but she is also one of the sweetest, kindest persons I've ever known. We (me and Emma Kate) were so very blessed by getting to know her last year!



My other newly decorated wall is of my babies. I had all 4 of them professionally photographed for their 1yr birthday and subsequently purchased framed 16X20's of my favorite pose. These are hanging in our dining room (which as a sidenote still has NO dining room furniture. It does have a balance beam though in case you like to eat while practicing gymnastics!) It is so nice to walk by this room and see SOMETHING finally hanging on the wall. Click on the picture to see them in chronological order left to right. Do you think any of them look like each other? Leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest thing ever! Thank you for all the nice things you said. : ) I am so glad you like it.

    I tried to click on your babies pictures, but it wouldn't get bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get the pictures to get bigger, but the picture your friend did is AMAZING!!! And I love the idea the 1 yr. pictures!

    Also, thank you so much for the e-card. It meant so much to me.

    ReplyDelete