CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back in Gainesville

One week ago today, we flew back to our old stompin' grounds in Gainesville. We lived there from 2003-2008 and absolutely loved it! The last 3 years that we were there, we made several lifelong friends, so its such a treat to get to go back and spend time with them.


This is the first time that we've taken all 4 kids with us. Philip and I went back for a few days in January and took Zane and Zander. But this time, we wanted to take Eli and Emma Kate as well. It was Eli's birthday while we were there and we were going to a Gator football game, so we decided to do it BIG! We had no idea what it would be like to fly with all 4 of them, but we were pleasantly surprised!

Per my usual, I started off the trip by taking lots of pictures and then was taking nearly none by the end of the trip.

The picture below was while we were waiting to board the plane for the first flight. I'm pretty sure all the other passengers were a bit concerned as they watched my two toddlers climbing up and down and over the seats in the waiting area. But, look how good the other two were being. Here they are both doing schoolwork. Not that they volunteered to do work, but they had been given a set amount to do on each flight before they could get out the "good and fun" stuff from their backpack.

Most of you probably don't know that 2 lap-riding babies (meaning they are under 2yrs old and you didn't buy an airline ticket for them) cannot sit in the same row together. (due to lack of oxygen masks) So, Philip and I always have to be split up.

Eli, Philip and Zander on the first flight....

Me, Emma Kate and Zane's ear on the same flight....

Okay, so all of those were taken on Wednesday. Now skip to Friday, which was the next time I even took my camera out. (I told you I fade fast with the picture taking)


We stayed with our bff's Tom and Terese. We love them and just all get along so well. They have 2 boys ages 5 and 2 that my kids love to be with.

Friday afternoon my baby boys were particularly cranky, so I popped in a Baby Einstein DVD. Colton (their 2 yr old) decided to watch with them. Look how cute they all are together....


Colton and Chase have this little kids table & chairs set that my little boys loved! They are so happy to be eating their snack at this table rather than in highchairs....



The trip was nearly perfect! We had such an enjoyable time getting to see our friends. We were able to do a date night with Tom and Terese, I got to do a lunch date with my other bff Bridget, and Philip was able to see friends and professors from his time in pharmacy school.
Here we are with Tom and Terese right before we left to go back to the airport on Sunday....

Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment