CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

From Good to Bad and back to Good


The title of this post explains my day today. Everything was going good/normal for us. The boys and I took EK to gym at 8:00. We then went to a nearby trail. I put the little boys in the double jogger and Eli had his scooter. I jogged, pushing the stroller, for about 20 minutes. Most of the trail was still shaded at 8:00am, so it was really nice. (other than the part where I was pushing approx. 100lbs: 60 of boys, and maybe 40 for the double jogger??)

After that we headed to Target to make a needed purchase and then went back home. A little while later, we went back to gym to get EK, came home, had lunch, had nap/rest/quiet time and then got ready for the next part of our day. The 4:00-7:00pm witching hours.

Before I go on about the BAD part of the day, I do want to mention some cute/funny sayings that I overheard from the little boys.


  • At the 4:00 snacktime, I introduced them to one of my fave pantry staples: PEANUT BUTTER! I put a thin layer on saltines and fed to them. I started with 5 crackers and when those were gone I asked them if they would like more peanut butter crackers. Zane said, "more pee-pee butter."

  • After snack, they were playing in the living room floor and Zander had some loud gas. Zane said, "Scuse you Zander."

  • Then, we were in the car heading to ISR and Zander was trying to get my attention. He said "yoo-hoo Mommy. he-hoo Mommy."

So now for the BAD. It started at ISR. Zane has been doing really well until the last 2 days. Yesterday he cried A LOT and today was just a full out blood curdling scream. He goes first, so as I was getting his swim diaper and shorts on, I hear Zander say "HELP." I look over and Zander has gotten in the hot tub. Clothes, shoes and all. It wasn't hot and he wasn't in any danger, he just needed help getting out. So that part was actually funny.


At this point, Zane knows its his turn and he starts kicking and screaming. He runs to a corner where he thinks I can't get him. I can though. I literally drag him to Mrs. Courtney, the swim teacher. He SCREAMS the entire 10 minute lesson and then continues to cry while Zander does his lesson.


After Zander finished, I only had a diaper to put on him (remember that the clothes he wore are now soaking wet from the hot tub experience), so I wrap a towel over him and carry him out to the car. This made Zane fit-throwin' mad. He wanted to be carried too, but I just couldn't do it. Eli and EK both tried to help by offering to carry him but he refused. When we got outside into the parking lot, I told Zane he had to hold my hand and he refused. I told either of the big kids to pick him up and carry him to the car. He flung and girated his body out as best a 2yr old can, making it impossible for them to be able to pick him up. I am definitely starting to lose my cool at this point. I told EK to just let go of him. When she did, he continued with the fit rampage and sprawled himself out flat down in the parking lot. Ughhhhhh. What to do? I'm holding a diaper clad no-shoe wearing hefty toddler in my arms. If I put him down on the hot pavement, his feet will burn. Because I have the heavy towel wrapped around him, Eli nor EK would be able to hold him. Yet, I have another toddler sprawled out in the parking lot where he IS. NOT. BUDGING. AND. IS. STILL. IN. FULL. FIT-THROWING. MODE.


I tell Eli to stand on one side of Zane and EK to stand on the other side so as to "barricade" him in, should a car come barreling through the parking lot. I quick-as-I-can run to the car and get Zander buckled in.(making sure not to buckle any of that exposed bare skin. I've done that to one of them before and it not only hurts them but STABS momma in the heart). Then, I go back to sprawled-out-in-the-parking-lot-fit-throwing-child. Pick him up and he completely stops his fit and his crying. Well, this ticks me off even more so I proceed to tell him what a bad boy he is. Wrong move. That makes him mad and fit starts again. Get him buckled in the car seat. Big kids get in car, I get in and think to myself that if this wasn't a dry county, I might just turn into one of THOSE moms who totes her kids along to the nearest liquor store. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment