CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kupcakes & More

A week or two ago, as I passed the Square in Bentonville, I noticed a new place on the corner, Kupcakes & More. Made a mental note to maybe try it sometime. Then, yesterday as I flipped through this month's Kids Directory, I saw a full page ad for it. Moved that mental note up to a definite "to-do."

Today was the day! After we picked EK up from gym, we went to the square for cupcakes. Unfortunately, I broke Rule #1 of being a good blogger....ALWAYS carry your camera with you. After all, you just never know when a picture opportunity will present itself. So, I have no pictures of the yumminess as it happened. We did bring home 2 cupcakes though, so I've got pictures of those to show you.

For the most part though, you'll just have to imagine how this all went down:


Eli chose Berry Berry Strawberry....

Me and EK chose Chocolate Peanut Butter....



and I got a Party Cake flavor for the Z's.

We also got a Berry Berry Strawberry to bring home to Daddy and because a "special" was a 6 pack of cupcakes, we bought another additional Berry Berry Strawberry. (This seems like a good time to talk about the price of cupcakes. Why are they so expensive? These were $2.75 each. Apparently that is the going rate because its the same price as the cupcake place in Fayetteville. At least these at Kupcakes & More are bigger. But still, that's a lot!)


As we sat down outside to eat them, we saw several classes of school kids walking to the square for lunch. Emma Kate recognized 4 friends from gymnastics but we were across the street from them so she didn't get to talk to them.


We all took our first few bites and oh. my. goodness. Pure enjoyment. I was helping the little boys with their Party Cake kupcake because it had a heaping mound of icing on it and I knew that was just going to be a big mess. So I took one for the team, and ate most of the icing off. I am a self-proclaimed icing connoisseur and let me tell you, this icing was DEEE-LISH!!! The little boys ate the "cake" part of the kupcake, with the exception of one bite I took, it was so moist...mmm, mmm, mmm!


I looked over at Eli and he only had one bite of his left, so it was apparently equally good. Emma Kate dropped 1/2 of hers on the table, but I know she liked all that topping (as seen in picture above), because it was all over her mouth! (don't you wish I had my camera so you could SEE all these visuals I'm giving you?)


The owners/workers were so very nice also. When they found out we were going to eat outside, they went out and cleaned the tables and chairs for us. Great customer service!!

While we were outside eating our kupcakes, 3 firetrucks with their lights and sirens on came barreling down the street. That was super exciting for the little boys. They, especially Zane, love "fifa-truks."

Impromptu times. Fun times. So thankful to be able to share them with my Busy Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Their cupcakes are from Pilsbury and Duncan Hymes mixes- saw them bringing bags and bags of the boxed mixes into their shop early one morning....unbelievable that they charge so much for nothing special.

    ReplyDelete