CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Twin Things to Remember from Tuesday

My baby boys did a few things today that I wanted to write down ASAP before my over-loaded mommy brain forgot them. Nothing major. No milestones. Just some good Mommy memories!

*The first one actually started on Sunday at church. When we went to pick the boys up from class, they were both in the hall sitting in a wagon....kinda like detention for babies, I think :). I asked the wagon driver about it and she said that Zane was not happy in class (no surprise there) so she put him in the wagon to go for a stroll. She said that Zander had been fine in class but when Zane left, he wanted to go too.
So fast forward to today. Zander woke up from a nice long afternoon nap and was happy at first. I gave him juice and a cracker and he started walking around. He walked throughout the downstairs and then started being fussy and whiny. He went to the gate on the stairs and kept getting fussier. Zane was still asleep upstairs at this time, and I had a brief thought that maybe he was missing Zane. So I went to the stairs (where Zander was still waiting by the gate) and asked him if he wanted us to go get Zane. He immediately smiled, laughed and started bouncing up and down. So we got Zane out of bed and Zander was content as could be.
That is so sweet to me. He was missing his bestest friend.

*I have been taking the boys to Gymboree Music Class for the past 3 weeks. The class is 45 minutes long and throughout the class, they get to play and explore with instruments. Today one of the instruments that was out for them was plastic maracas. I've never really thought about what maracas look like before, but you know they are straight on one end and round on the other. I guess to a 15 month old boy who LOVES balls, that round end looks like a ball. And to that same 15 month old boy who has quite a good little arm on him, he LOVES to throw balls. So....my sweet Zane picked up that maraca and hurled it across the room. Praise God that the only child the maraca hit was my own child. Yep, Zander got whacked in the head with a maraca by his own brother who was only wanting to play ball!

*If you know Zander at all, you know that he loves food. He knows where the saltine crackers are kept in the pantry (he can't reach them but he goes to that door and says "crack-or"). He knows where the HUGE box of animal crackers are currently sitting on the kitchen counter (and also goes to that location and says "crack-or"). The boy has a sense for where the food is. This afternoon I was setting the oven temp and timer to start dinner. He heard the beeping of the buttons as I was setting it. He promptly walked himself over to the towel drawer, pulled out an oven mitt and brought it to me. I was in shock! He thought the beeping meant that the food was ready. I explained (in only the way you can to a 15 month old) that dinner wasn't ready yet and I put the mitt back in the drawer. Apparently he didn't like my explanation because he then proceeded to scream VERY LOUD! Poor thing. He was probably starving. Have you noticed before how under-nourished his thighs are?

No comments:

Post a Comment